×

Minnesota hunger non-profit leader gets 41 years in prison for $250 million fraud scheme

By Thomson Reuters May 21, 2026 | 11:56 AM

May 19 (Reuters) – The leader of a Minnesota non-profit group was sentenced to 41 years in prison on Thursday after ​she was convicted last year of ‌being the ringleader of a $250 million scheme to defraud a federally funded child nutrition program.

Aimee Bock, 45, was charged in 2022 with using her non-profit group ‌Feeding ​Our Future to enact ⁠what the Justice Department ⁠said was the largest known fraud against the U.S. government’s relief programs during the COVID-19 pandemic.

More than 70 other people have been ​charged alongside Bock. The fraud has been often invoked by U.S. President Donald ⁠Trump, a Republican, as part ⁠of his rationale for targeting ​Minnesota, led by Democrats, for an aggressive surge ​in arresting immigrants earlier this year.

Bock cried ‌as she addressed U.S. District Judge Nancy Brasel at the federal courthouse in Minneapolis, the Minnesota Star Tribune reported: “I don’t have the ⁠words to express just how horrible I feel. I know I’m responsible.”

Federal prosecutors had sought 50 years ⁠in prison. ‌In sentencing Bock to 500 months, ⁠or 41 years and eight months, ​Brasel ‌said a lengthy sentence was ​necessary because ⁠of Bock’s central role.

“This is a vortex of fraud, and you were at the epicenter,” the judge said, according to the Star Tribune.

(Reporting by Jonathan Allen in New York; Editing by ​Daniel Wallis)