×

Australia’s Steadfast agrees to $5.51 billion buyout bid by KKR-backed consortium

By Thomson Reuters Aug 21, 2026 | 4:42 AM

Aug 21 (Reuters) – Australian insurance broker Steadfast Group said on Friday it has agreed to ​a A$7.7 billion ($5.51 billion) takeover ‌offer by a U.S. consortium backed by investment firm KKR.

As part of the proposal, insurance distributor Amwins Group ‌will ​acquire Steadfast’s underwriting ⁠agency operations, while U.S.-based ⁠Dragoneer Investment will take over its broking business.

Steadfast shareholders, as previously announced, will receive A$6 apiece, ​representing a 51.9% premium since the stock’s closing on ⁠June 9 — the ⁠last trading day before the ​company disclosed it had received a ​non-binding proposal from Dragoneer and ‌Amwins.

The Sydney-based company’s board has unanimously recommended that shareholders vote in favour of the scheme, in ⁠the absence of a superior proposal and subject to an independent expert concluding ⁠the deal ‌is in shareholders’ best ⁠interests.

Steadfast is currently targeting ​to ‌implement the scheme in ​December, it ⁠said in an exchange filing after market hours.

($1 = 1.3968 Australian dollars)

(Reporting by Nikita Maria Jino in Bengaluru; Editing by Harikrishnan Nair and ​Shilpi Majumdar)