×

Australia executes search warrant on WiseTech for documents, shares skid 12%

By Thomson Reuters Aug 18, 2026 | 10:06 PM

Aug 19 (Reuters) – Australia’s competition regulator has executed a search warrant on WiseTech Global for documents related to the supply ​of global logistics services and software, the ‌company said on Wednesday.

Shares of the logistics software provider tumbled more than 12% to A$38.05 after the news, putting them on course for their steepest one-day ‌drop ​since late June.

WiseTech said it ⁠intended to fully cooperate ⁠with the investigation conducted by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC). The ACCC did not immediately respond to a Reuters request ​for comment.

On June 22, the stock plunged nearly 20% after reports that the Australian Federal ⁠Police were investigating its ⁠executive chairman, Richard White, over allegations ​that he exploited a woman’s immigration status for ​sex and provided false information in a ‌visa application.

WiseTech had said then the alleged investigation concerned White in his personal capacity and that the company was unaware of any investigation ⁠as outlined in media reports.

White had said he “strenuously and unequivocally” denies recent media allegations.

White stepped down as ⁠CEO in ‌October 2024 but stayed on as ⁠executive chair until last month amid ​a ‌string of controversies including media ​scrutiny of ⁠his personal life.

The stock has lost nearly 70% of its value since allegations about White’s personal life first surfaced in late 2024.

(Reporting by Sneha Kumar in Bengaluru; Editing by Rashmi Aich and ​Subhranshu Sahu)